H2S SAFETY AWARENESS
This course will be instructed in a period of 16 hours divided into 2 days.
Aim of the module: to provide delegates with the additional skills, information and knowledge, along with the appropriate attitudes to enable them to identify and manage a H2S hazard, assess the risks and implement the appropriate control measures.
Taking the HSE INDUCTION, BASIC FIRE FIGHTING and HSE ORIENTATION FOR NON SUPERVISORY STAFF course
- characteristic and sources of H2S
- Toxicity levels and exposure limits
- Acute and chronic effects of exposure
- H2S effects on metals, elastomers and polymers
- H2S gas detection (fixed and portable systems)
- Respiratory protection including different types of BA, mask fit testing& cascade systems.
- use of Breathing Apparatus equipment
- H2S emergency procedures during operations
- Rescue of H2S casualties
- Detection and protection equipment overview