Chemical Hazard Dealing With The Risk
This course will be instructed in a period of 25 hours covered in 8 days.
Aim of the module: to enable the participants understanding the hazards associated with chemicals and carry out sufficient chemical risk assessment
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) standard
- Recognize chemical hazards commonly encountered in the workplace and home
- Explain the warning properties of various chemical hazards & How Chemicals are Labeled
- Proper handling, use and storing of chemicals
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Chemicals that are used in your workplace
- Possible dangers may be worker exposed to
- Route of exposure and health risk assessment
- Evaluate and control these hazards.
- Fume Cupboards & Safety Cabinets
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Agencies That Regulate Hazardous Chemical Storage
- Basic Procedures for Spills & First aid