BASIC FIRE FIGHTING
This course will be instructed in a period of 25 hours divided into 5 days.
Aim of the module: to give the trainees the knowledge and techniques to act safely in the event of a fire, and to aid fire prevention in a work place.
Taking the HSE INDUCTION course
- Recognize the cost of fire
- The role of the fire marshal
- Liaison with the fire service
- Action on discovering a fire
- Fire safety legislation
- The chemistry of fire
- Common causes of fire
- Classification of fire regarding the fuel
- Fire safety precautions & prevention
- Fire drills and evacuation
- Select and use fire extinguishers